This versatile tool has three functions that can keep an in-ground garden maintained and looking neat throughout the growing season. It keeps the gardens edged and trimmed of excess grass, and it mows the lawn space around the garden flower beds and vegetable patches.
Prior to installing a flower bed or vegetable patch, the push mower part of the unit can be used to cut the lawn spots that are going to be used for flowers and vegetables. (Black and Decker Trimmer/Edger).
2. Remove the sod on top of the layout spots, or till the sod in the soil in the layout spots. Dig up tilled soil about 6-12 inches deeper in each layout spot. Add manure and compost.
3. Then cover the manure mixture with six inches of the original tilled soil. Then add a layer of garden soil.
4. On top of the garden soil, add a layer of cardboard or layer of brown paper bags for weed protection for the flowers and vegetables:
Plant the flowers and vegetables according to the garden layout. Top the last layer of soil with brown paper bags or cardboard. Keep the paper in place with top soil. Water. Mulch over the top soil after plants and seedlings have matured.
5. Edge the layout spots, and trim the grass around the layout spots.
6. Aerate the lawn areas around the flowers and garden patches once in the Spring and once in the Fall. (Coring Lawn Aerator) . (Spike Aerators). Aeration of lawn helps simulate grass roots and knock out weeds over time.
This garden tool lithium Ion 3-in-1 unit keeps the garden areas cut and trimmed so that maximum air flow and sunlight are reaching the plants. Vegetables gardens need six to seven hours of direct sunlight on average each day. Plant vegetables based on the amount of sunlight available to the plants. There are some vegetable plants that will grow in a shade garden.
This tool is also useful in areas where there are only small patches of lawn to cut, like driveways, small front footage spaces or patios. Trim and/or edge each area mowed.
Mulch garden in-ground vegetable beds after seeds have germinated and plants have developed. Mulch help keep the plants moist and nourished.