Prior to installing a flower bed or vegetable patch, the push mower part of the Black and Decker trimmer/edger unit can be used to pre-cut the lawn spots that are going to be used for flowers and vegetables inground gardens.
This versatile tool has three functions that can keep an inground garden maintained and looking neat throughout the growing season. It keeps the gardens edged and trimmed of excess grass, and it has a mower for the lawn space around the garden flower beds and vegetable patches. Black and Decker’s 3 in 1 mower is a lawn tool for inground garden preparation.
The grass area next to a garden should be aerated to enhance the lawn and garden appearances. This helps the airflow to the garden and in the yard areas. A core aerator by Step N Tilt Lawn or a spike aerator by Walensee…use either one or both in the Early Spring and Late Fall. Both are great lawn tools for inground garden prep.
1. Mow the layout spots. Draw a planned garden layout spots based on gardening spacing.
2. Remove the sod on top of the layout spots and till the soil, or till the sod in the soil in the layout spots, and till the sod and soil together. Dig up tilled soil about 6-12 inches deeper in each layout spot. Add manure and compost.
3. Then cover the manure mixture with the original tilled soil. Then add a layer of purchased garden soil.
4. Plant the flowers, vegetables and seeds in the purchased garden soil mixture layer according to a planned garden layout. Top the last layer of soil with brown paper bags or cardboard in blank spots, to prevent weeds from forming where there are no plants or seeds sown. Keep the paper in place with top soil. The paper and cardboard will decompose in the soil over time. Water both the purchased garden soil and topsoil areas. Mulch over the top soil and garden soil after plants and seedlings have matured. See mulch below, Pine Straw Garden Mulch.
5. Edge the layout spots, and trim the grass around the layout spots.
6. Aerate the lawn areas around the flowers and garden patches once in the Spring and once in the Fall. (Coring Lawn Aerator). (Spike Aerators). Aeration of lawn helps simulate grass roots and knock out weeds over time, less weeding is needed year after year. The first year has the most weeds, then weeds begin to diminish year after year.
Garden Edges and Other Lawn Areas Cut and Trimmed
Again, this inground garden tool Black and Decker lithium Ion battery 3-in-1 unit keeps the garden areas cut and trimmed so that maximum air flow and sunlight are reaching the plants. Vegetables gardens need six to seven hours of direct sunlight on average each day. Plant vegetables based on the amount of sunlight available to the plants. There are some vegetable plants that will grow in a shade garden.
This 3 in 1 gardening tool is also useful in areas where there are only small patches of lawn to cut, like driveways, small front footage spaces or patios. This inground lawn tool trims and/or edges each area mowed.
Mulch a matured inground garden layout
Mulch the garden’s inground vegetable beds after seeds have germinated and plants have developed and matured. Mulching help keep the plants moist, nourished and weed-free.
See Pine Straw Garden Mulch
Inground Garden Lawn Tools Listed
Black & Decker 3 in 1 Mower, Trimmer and Edger
See brand Step N Tilt Lawn Coring Aerator
See also: Brand Walensee Spike Lawn Aerator
These tools help provide a neat and clean gardening appearance to a yard setting when installing an inground flower or vegetable garden, or working existing garden areas.
I earn fees from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: We are a participant in the Amazon.com Services LLC Associates Program advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.