Lawn Tools to Enhance Inground Garden Prep
Prior to installing a flower bed or vegetable patch, pre-cut the lawn spots that are going to be used for flowers and vegetables inground gardens.
Keep an inground garden maintained and looking neat throughout the growing season. Keep the garden edged and trimmed of excess grass, and mow the lawn space around the garden flower beds and vegetable patches.
The grass area next to a garden should be aerated to enhance the lawn and garden appearances. This helps the airflow to the garden and in the yard areas. A core aerator or a spike aerator…use either one or both in the Early Spring and Late Fall. Both are great lawn tools for inground garden prep.
Tools for Inground Garden Layout Prep and Install
See picture on homepage of this site.
1. Mow the layout spots. Draw a planned garden layout spots based on gardening spacing.
2. Remove the sod on top of the layout spots and till the soil, or till the sod in the soil in the layout spots, and till the sod and soil together. Dig up tilled soil about 6-12 inches deeper in each layout spot. Add manure and compost.
3. Then cover the manure mixture with the original tilled soil. Then add a layer of purchased garden soil.
4. Plant the flowers, vegetables and seeds in the purchased garden soil mixture layer according to a planned garden layout. Top the last layer of soil with brown paper bags or cardboard in blank spots, to prevent weeds from forming where there are no plants or seeds sown. Keep the paper in place with top soil. The paper and cardboard will decompose in the soil over time. Water both the purchased garden soil and topsoil areas. Mulch over the top soil and garden soil after plants and seedlings have matured.
5. Edge the layout spots, and trim the grass around the layout spots.
6. Aerate the lawn areas around the flowers and garden patches once in the Spring and once in the Fall. (Coring Lawn Aerator). (Spike Aerator). Aeration of lawn helps simulate grass roots and knock out weeds over time, less weeding is needed year after year. The first year has the most weeds, then weeds begin to diminish year after year.
Garden Edges and Other Lawn Areas Cut and Trimmed
Keeps the garden areas cut and trimmed so that maximum air flow and sunlight are reaching the plants. Vegetables gardens need six to seven hours of direct sunlight on average each day. Plant vegetables based on the amount of sunlight available to the plants. There are some vegetable plants that will grow in a shade garden.
Mulch a matured inground garden layout
Mulch the garden’s inground vegetable beds after seeds have germinated and plants have developed and matured. Mulching help keep the plants moist, nourished and weed-free. Use USA Pine Straw for all areas in the yard that could use mulching. This product works for landscaping mulch as well as flower beds. It leaves a clean scent of pine throughout the yard.
Inground Garden Lawn Tools List Include:
Spike Lawn Aerator
These tools help provide a neat and clean gardening appearance to a yard setting when installing an inground flower or vegetable garden, or working existing garden areas and landscaping.
I earn fees from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: We are a participant in the Amazon.com Services LLC Associates Program advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
See Disclosure Statement
Gardening expressions and experiences are welcome. May “Click” the Like Buttons 🧡 at the end of each post. Comments optional.
“Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular post! It is the little changes that make the biggest changes. Thanks for sharing!”
“Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon on a daily basis. It’s always interesting to read through articles from other authors and use something from other websites.”
I dug some of your post as I thought they were extremely helpful.